Friday, June 05, 2015

Commenting Tips

3
Just a quick note for our faithful blog commenters. Blogger allows for some basic HTML formatting which you may find useful. You can bold, italicize, and link as follows:
  1. If you want to italicize something, just enclose it in <em> or <i> tags like so: I <em>love</em> the ETC blog = I love the ETC blog. Notice that with HTML, the closing tag is always marked by a forward slash (/). This tells the browser where to stop italicizing.
  2. You can do the same with bold using either <b> or <strong> like this: I <b>hate</b> using von Soden’s apparatus = I hate using von Soden’s apparatus.
  3. Links are slightly more complicated but will make you feel young and hip. To use links, just enclose your text in an <a> tag and put your URL in the href attribute like so: <a href="http://tinyurl.com/pweo5bv">don’t end up like Peter Head</a> = don’t end up like Peter Head.
Like all good things, use in moderation.

P.S. On the subject of the blog, I’ve removed the Google Friend Connect box from the sidebar because it was super slow. (For all two of you that still use it, it is accessible from the green “g” in the sidebar.) I’ve also fixed up the mobile version of the site so you can waste more time read the blog on the go. As always, let me know if you encounter problems.

3 comments

  1. Excellent. I always try to ensure I make the best possible use of available technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The keys keep getting jammed in my type-writer.

    ReplyDelete